Search This Blog

2014/01/13

Week 1 ~How I first found out about Lolita~

So finally a few weeks late but lets start this 52 week challenge.

I shall start with

10. How I first found out about Lolita


I guess I first found out about lolita when I was about 5. Watching Cardcapture Sakura. I already had a love for Victorian dolls and clothes. I still remember what episode it was.
I fell in love with the cat outfit from (if I recall correctly) the time card episode. The cute fluffy skirt and it just joint my already love of Victorian things.
I also recall lots of the dresses my mum got me when I was younger, sailor collar poofy dresses, Victorian style coats, lace and frills. I believe it also tided into my love of Disney princess movies. What little girl didn't love them? hehe.

I then sort of fell out of love with it a little. Going into school and trying to fit in while still not fitting in at all. In secondary school I was very into the goth/emo thing. I loved the Victorian look of the gothic corsets and tutus and such. I never really managed to get into it. However from there I got into visual kei bands, searching for photos of them for a blog I had back there I stumbled across Lolita as a real life thing. I had originally just thought it as an anime thing.


So from there I rekindled my love.

Around age 16 I got my first piece and all moved on from there....

Sorry this is so long and makes little sense (>.<)

~Bye Bye~

No comments :

Post a Comment