Search This Blog

2014/02/02

~Week 5~ How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions

This weeks question is:

 44. How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions

An interesting question.

Like every lolita outside of Japan I get the normal stares and points and giggles.

Being the only lolita for a good 2 to 3 town radius. I get quite a lot of reactions. Anything from the innocent stare to heckling.

Most if the heckles I get are the general stuff for lolitas "have you lost your sheep?" "it isn't Halloween yet" and the oddest one I got was a bunch of 16-18 year olds singing "Polly put the kettle on"....I really don't know.
 Most of the comments come from typical drunk guys who feel it necessary to say something or they come from the teenagers who seem to believe I am younger than them...a great compliment I think.

Now how I react depends on the comment. Most I just don't bother, I stick out enough that I would rather not make a name for myself as well. So most of my reactions are just a sigh and shake of the head and a comment under my breath. If it is someone staring, I generally try to stare back and smile. It seems to confuse people.

These are what I mainly get, I rarely get nice comments or asked for photos (I would love to know why). Of course I do get them for time to time and I reply with a smile a nod and a thank you. Or would pose for photos. I'm not one to get annoyed at people asking for photos as long as they respect I may be doing something.

Bit of a long one today. 

For now 

~Bye Bye~

No comments :

Post a Comment